How It's Made
- Every piece of Poole Pottery is cast by hand from English white earthenware clay.
- The inside of each piece is rinsed with a glaze then fired in the kiln at over 1000 degrees.
- The signature coloured base glaze is sprayed on by hand and when dry a pattern outline is sometimes drawn on as a guide.
- The design is then painted by hand layering one colour onto another, to create the unique and sometimes dramatic effects Poole Pottery is renowned for.
- Once compete each item is fired again and the rich colour palette is created.
- Every Poole Pottery piece is supplied in a stylish gift box, perfect for gift giving and storage.